You are not alone.
You are probably not going to die from prostate cancer anytime soon. Even though there is no clear consensus on how to diagnose or treat prostate cancer, there are choices that you can make to make your life long and full and happy. That is why the New York State Prostate Cancer Coalition is here. We know that most men diagnosed with prostate cancer will not die from prostate cancer. We want you to be one of those men.
We are a state wide non profit organization, composed of prostate cancer survivors and their family and friends, doctors, social workers and other stakeholders who came together in 1999, with the recommendation of the New York State Department of Health, to focus on coordination of:
- prostate cancer screening
- research funding
- education and awareness about patients’ treatment choices
- efforts to improve patients’ access to clinical trials
Our current activities are:
- Educating men in New York State regarding screening and treatment options for prostate cancer.
- Providing a resource for men with prostate cancer, their caregivers and their families.
- Encouraging participation in prostate cancer research and clinical trials.
- Educating state government and policy makers about prostate cancer.